Text Types for Primary Schools is an engaging and innovative series, designed to assist students to write in a variety of text types according to their needs and purposes. The books provide relevant and challenging writing models that reflect the aims of all current state curriculum documents.
- Provide relevant and challenging writing models in a range of factual and literacy text types and forms.
- 'Your Turn' pages encourage students to use the writing model to construct their own written texts.
- Provide teachers with support for planning and include scope-and-sequence charts and student writing profiles.
- Highlight text structure and relevant language features.
- Specific text types have been re-organised from simplest to hardest text types under the two main headings: Factual and Literary Texts.
- Books 1-6 are divided into 26 units of work, and each unit focuses on a specific text type.
Each unit consists of two pages and includes the following features:
- a model of a particular text type
- a corresponding page for students to practise this text type in context
- additional ideas and activities to extend students' knowledge of the different text types
- scope and sequence chart
- progress chart to keep track of the student's work
- student self-assessment page
- overview of the topic content for all text types featured in the series.