The Year 11 and Year 12 General Mathematics student books focus explicitly on development of content addressing the Australian Curriculum. The chapters are well structured and are broken into lesson-sized sections to best assist the development of student understanding. Simple and clear examples precede each exercise and are matched to relevant questions within the sections.
- Written by an experienced team of teachers to specifically address the Australian Curriculum – Senior Mathematics
- Rich investigative development tasks that can be used as assessment
- Exercises include a graduation of questions which allow for the range of abilities within the classroom
- Access to the NelsonNet student website including a complete suite of additional resources for practice and consolidation of key concepts
- Access to the NelsonNet teacher website including curriculum grids and teaching programs (available to adopting schools).
- 1 Percentages and Rates
- 2 Algebra and equations
- 3 Matrix arithmetic
- Mixed revision for Chapters 1-3
- 4 Earning money
- 5 Measurement calculations
- 6 Simple and compound interest
- Mixed revision for Chapters 4-6
- 7 Scales and similarity
- 8 Statistical measures
- 9 Linear equations and graphs
- Mized revision for Chapters 7-9
- 10 Applications of Trigonometry
- 11 Comparing groups
- 12 Applications of simultaneous equations, piece-wise and step graphs
- Mixed revision Chapters 10-12
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Natalie Caruso teaches at Loreto Mandeville Hall in Toorak and has been teaching for over 20 years. She has written texts and study guides for VCE mathematics, presents on CAS technology and has been a VCAA examination assessor.
Karen McMullen is the Mathematics Learning Leader at Killester College, Springvale and has been teaching VCE Mathematics for over 10 years. She has a Masters degree in School Leadership (Numeracy) and has written Further Mathematics SACs for MAV.