One activity for each week of the school year
Would you like your maths homework organised for the whole year? Each book contains 40 mathshomework blacklinemasters – one for each week of the school year! Integrated easily into any primary maths program, Maths homework that’s too good for the dog! will complement ongoing learning in the classroom and allow students to reinforce essential mathematical concepts at home. Each sheet begins with an innovative motivational starter activity to engage students with their homework. This is followed by age-appropriate maths activities from the five main strands of mathematics.
So teachers can cater for students with varying abilities,challenge activitiesfound at the bottom of each sheet can be assigned to particular groups of students, or to the whole class. These activities allow students to apply their knowledge with various open-ended tasks. To assist teachers with assessment and future planning, students have the opportunity to reflect on their homework by completing the self-assessment section of the sheet. As each sheet is clearly numbered, students and teachers can record their self-assessment on the homework record sheet included in the book.
- 40 fun, high-interest maths homework sheets to complement ongoing learning in the classroom
- numbered to assist with recording, but can be used in any order
- each sheet includes:
– a motivational starter activity to engage students and encourage creative thinking;
– age-appropriate activities from the five main strands of maths – number,space,measurement,chance and data, and working mathematically;
– a challenge activity to extend thinking; and
– an opportunity for self-assessment.
- comprehensive teachers notes, individual student record sheet and detailed answers
- overview of maths concepts included so sheets can be easily integrated into any mathematics program
- curriculum links