Give your students the chance to develop and reinforce their oral language skills with our new four-book series Integrated oral language. Through 25 entertaining and interactive themes, each with a variety of activities, students can continue to build their oral language abilities while having fun and relating to real-life scenarios.
Available for Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2, this series will enhance previously-taught skills by allowing students to immerse and extend themselves in relatable topics such as pets, rainy days, going to the dentist, under the sea and much more.
Each book contains:
- teacher background information
- access to the digital download containing all themed images (full-colour images include illustrations and photographs), making it easy to display them on an interactive whiteboard or to print out and display/give to students
- 25 themes, all providing opportunities to practise oral language skills through real-life scenarios
- each theme contains two teachers pages, consisting of vocabulary, theme starter questions, a range of activities (each with a focus outcome) designed to further develop oral language, cross-curricular activities, and supporting resource pages (where applicable)
- scope and sequence charts for Australian Curriculum English and Early Years Learning Framework
- suggestions for assessment
Early Years activities include:
On the farm, Toys, At home, At the park, At the beach, Nursery rhymes, Fairytales, Families, At the zoo, The pet parade, Going on holiday, My body, In the jungle, Birthdays, Shopping, Day and night, In my garden, At school, In the sky, On the water, Rainy days, Sunny days, At the hospital, Friends and The playground.
Foundation activities include:
Homes, Pets, Families, Friends, School, Animals, Shopping, Fairytales, My senses, celebrations, At the cinema, On the road, The seasons, Colours, Plants, Under the sea, Clothes, At the circus, Fantasy, Insects, Food, Playing, Water, Holidays and At the adventure park.
Year 1 activities include:
The pet party, At the playground, Scary celebrations, How's the weather?, Beach holiday, The lady in the light, Annual feast, Crazy kitchen, Famous sculptures, Skate park, Time for the fair!, At the hospital, Buildings and structures, Once upon a time, In the past, Scream for ice cream, Starry night, My town, At the pond, Deep in the forest, Old school, Poolside, Living and non-living, Confusing creatures and The greatest circus.
Year 2 activities include:
In the backyard, Olden day classroom, Classroom safety, Playground bullying, Moving house, Going on an aeroplane, Cooking, Kitchen safety, Going to the dentist, At the park, At the stadium, At the restaurant/cafeteria, At the pet shop, Fairy garden, In the country, Winter forest, At the zoo, In the ocean, In the neighbourhood, In the city, Living in the past, At the parade, We are all superheroes, At a construction site and Farming.