Being healthy requires a combination of physical and mental wellbeing - good nutrition, being active and having a positive attitude. This must-have series teaches students how to keep physically and mentally healthy, and to enjoy life, through the Personal, social and community health strand of Australian Curriculum Health and Physical Education.
Topics such as ‘Feelings’, ‘Taking risks’ and ‘Food and nutrition’ combined with ‘Increasing physical activity’, and many others, provide a comprehensive, well-rounded resource which will inform and motivate students to be their best, healthiest selves.
- written in lesson-plan format
- a compilation of lesson plans; blackline masters; and teacher resources such as cards for games, stories, poems and scenarios
- clearly identified sub-strands—Being healthy, safe and active; Communicating and interacting for health and wellbeing; Contributing to healthy and active communities
- suggested resources
- suggested assessment ideas such as work samples and responses to questions
- suggestions for expanding the lesson and/or for follow-up lessons
- suggestions for differentiation (where applicable)
- clearly-stated curriculum links on all teacher pages