Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is one of KAIKO's most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self-regulation.
It is made of a black powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist & flick
- Place on wrist & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit bag.
- Rub it on parts of body to replace picking, such as lips
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation. Many who like this also like the Kaiko Spikey for finger.
Also touted to have remedial benefit, stimulating acupressure points & assisting with circulation. These are stretchy but firm. It is an ideal tool for those that need support to minimise self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm.
Fantastic for those who pick at their skin, fingernail and clothing, or live with anxiety & find high sensory input helpful.
The wrist spikeys are STRETCHY. How do I SELECT the Right SIZE?
If wanting to wear it all day it is recommended for most (kids and adults) that the Large, Large PLUS A BIT or the XL be purchased.
The unstretched internal diameter (across) measurements are:
LARGE 'PLUS A BIT': 18 cm length - For all day wear for youth and average size wrists.
- The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self-regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours.
- The Kaiko wrist spikey fidget is discreet and looks like a trendy piece of jewellery. It is quiet and keeps your hands busy allowing you to focus.
The spikey material is not designed to be over stretched/ over extended using both hands. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
Expandable carbon steel metal material.
The metal is highly durable but can be over stretched if used not in accordance with its typical use by rigorous stretching. It is not meant to be pulled significantly so may not suit some that like to pull things apart. It will not recover if over stretched.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
- Sensory seeking substitution - finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Not suitable for children under three years old.
Keeping the fidgets sanitised: They are fine to wipe - many regularly go through washing machine - the trick is to wipe excess moisture off them. If left wet/damp (eg in washing machine) they can rust in appearance a little but generally does not affect function. Wiping with an antibacterial wipe or damp cloth then drying off thoroughly is the key.