Pearson Humanities and Social Sciences Western Australia for Years 7-10 has been developed for the new Western Australian Curriculum for Humanities and Social Sciences.
Pearson Humanities and Social Sciences Western Australia 7-10 contains specific Western Australian case studies, content and examples to ensure a personalised learning experience for students. It also encourages learners to make connections between local and wider communities.
This series covers key concepts in the areas of:
- Civics and citizenship
- Economics and business
Inquiry tasks and student activities help learners to develop and grow key skills such as questioning and researching, analysing, communicating and reflecting, and evaluating.
Table of Contents:
- Civics and citizenship Chapter 1: Democracy in action
- Civics and citizenship Chapter 2: Law in action
- Economics and business Chapter 3: Markets in Australia
- Economics and business Chapter 4: Consumer rights in Australia
- Economics and business Chapter 5: Business in Australia
- Geography Chapter 6: Landscapes and landforms
- Geography Chapter 7: Coasts
- Geography Chapter 8: Changing nations (urbanisation and migration)
- History Chapter 9: Overview: the ancient to the modern world
- History Chapter 10: Investigating Medieval Europe
- History Chapter 11: Investigating the Black Death
- Geography ebook Chapter 12: Alpine landforms
- Geography ebook Chapter 13: Riverine landforms
Key features of the Student Book:
- Fully aligned to the new Western Australian Curriculum for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Improves the learners knowledge and understanding of humanities and social sciences and the connections between them.
- Comprehensively covers key concepts including Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business, History and Geography.
- Inquiry tasks and student activities enable learners to develop and grow skills such as questioning and researching, analysing, communicating and reflecting, and evaluating.
- Specific Western Australian case studies, content and examples are provided to ensure a personalised learning experience for students. This also encourages learners to make connections between local and wider communities.
- Developed using an Inquiry approach with tasks at the end of each chapter to help consolidate learning.
Each Student Book comes with an eBook
Key features of the eBook:
- Available for use online and offline
- Read the student book with bonus multimedia content.
- Add, edit, and delete highlights and notes
- Synchronise state and data across multiple devices even when the user is offline
When you purchase this product, you will receive a printed card with an access code inside.
Reader+ is the home of your eBooks. It gives you more options, more flexibility and more control when it comes to the classroom materials you use. It comes with features like in-text note taking, bookmarking, highlighting, interactive videos, audio tools, presentation tools and more.
The access code will give 15 months access to the eBook from the date of activation.
How do I activate my eBook?
When you purchase your eBook, it will come with its eBook access code inside the cover.
To activate your code, you'll need to log in to pearsonplaces.com.au. If you don't have an account you will need to create one at pearsonplaces.com.au. Once you have logged into pearsonplaces.com.au click on the 'Add product' button in your bookshelf. Type in your 12 digit access code and click 'Verify product now'.