Terms and Conditions
- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment & Order Status
- Loyalty Point System
- Updating Account Information
Shipping & Delivery
- After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation containing your order details. We will normally confirm receipt of your order within minutes.
- Despite our best endeavours, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that an item's indicated availability is accurate. If all ordered goods are in stock, then an order will usually be shipped within 2 business days, pending any delays in the transfer of payment from the merchant service.
- You will receive an email notification when an order is shipped. If one or more items are unavailable, we will contact you within 1 business day. You will always have a choice as to whether to receive a refund for the unavailable items, or to receive the order as multiple shipments (without additional shipping cost).
- Delivery can take up to 10-16 business days, depending upon your location within Australia. Delivery options are:
- Pickup from our store in central Bunbury.
- Flat rate delivery. The cost of delivery is $10 to Western Australian destinations, and $14 to destinations in all other Australian states.
- Free Delivery (local schools and educational institutions only). Schools and educational institutions within an approximate 20km radius of Bunbury (including Stratham, Capel, Dallyellup, Boyanup, Dardanup, Burekup, Brunswick Junction, Australind and Leschenault) can have orders hand-delivered within 3 business days for free.
- In rare cases, an item price will include a "Large Item Additional Surcharge" because of its size and/or weight. This will be clearly indicated in the product description. If such an item is purchased using the "Pickup" or local schools' "Free Delivery" option, then the surcharge will be refunded.
- International shipping can be arranged by telephone or email.
Privacy & Security
- We may collect the following information from you, but only if you choose to share it:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- preferences, interests, and other information voluntarily provided
- By default, we assume that you do not want to receive our promotional emails. You may change this at any time by logging in to your account, and editing your Newsletters setting. Alternatively, if you enter your email addess in the "Become a Friend of Brain Spice!" box on our home page, then you are indicating that you would like to receive Newsletters and promotional emails. You can change this setting by logging into your account (if you have one), or contacting us by phone or email.
- Brain Spice uses a webstore hosted on the Retail Express server environment, ensuring the best physical and digital security available today. Please note, however, that your account details are only as secure as your chosen password - so please choose strong and secure account passwords that nobody could possibly guess!
- Like most websites today, we use "cookies". A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow our website to tailor itself to your needs by remembering your choices and preferences. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information that you choose to share. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the features of our webstore.
- The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Returns & Replacements
- It Isn't What You Thought It Was
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase, then subject to the conditions below, we offer you store credit to the purchase value of the item, if the item is returned within 14 days of receipt. The item must be returned in an unopened and re-sellable condition. If you have broken a seal, please contact us first before returning the item!
- We request that you either drop the item to us, or pay the return postage costs. We do not accept responsibility for goods that are lost in transit to us.
- If you are having trouble getting something to work, please call or email us before returning the item. Sometimes, a quick chat is all it takes. Some of our gadgets take a little practice, and we can help you with that.
- Damaged or Faulty Goods
- On the (hopefully rare) occasion that a product is received damaged or faulty, please contact us immediately. We may request some more information, and even a photo or two, to verify the damage or fault. Once verified, we will ship a replacement to you at no cost.
- If we cannot verify the damage or fault, then we might ask that you return the item to us. We will then inspect the item, and if damaged or faulty, we will reimburse your shipping costs and ship a replacement to you at no cost.
- Please understand that we cannot replace products that have been damaged from incorrect use, deliberate alteration, rough treatment, or accidental breakage after receipt. We will always try to do the right thing by you, and all we ask is that you do the same by us.
At present, items cannot be ordered through the webstore if they are out of stock. If you would like to place an order for items that are currently out of stock, please contact us via telephone (08 9730 3111) or email (Sales Support).
You must have an account with us, to place an online order. You can add items to the "shopping cart", and then create (or log into) your account afterwards.
When you create an account on our webstore, you also create an account in our store's retail system. This means that, whether you purchase from within our physical store or online, your purchases (and accumulating loyalty points) will be logged in the one account.
This can also mean that if you already have an account in our physical store, then you also have an account waiting for you on the webstore. In this case, you will need to set your account's online password, and the easiest way to do this is by selecting "Forgot Your Password" on the Login screen. An email will immediately be sent to your email address, allowing you to set a password for your account. You will then be able to use your account online.
Once you have an account, ordering online is easy: just click "Add to Cart" for the items that you would like to order. You can view your shopping basket at any time by clicking "My Cart" in the top right-hand corner of the screen. From the "Shopping Basket" screen, you can change quantities directly, and then click "Update Shopping Cart". You can also completely remove items by clicking the "X" on the right-hand side of those items.
Stock numbers on our webstore are "live". To ensure that stock numbers are completely up-to-date, open the product detail screen by clicking on "View Product". This forces an instantaneous update of stock and price values for that product. This can occasionally mean that an item that is indicated as "in stock" on a search results screen, will actually be "out of stock" when the product detail screen is viewed, or vice versa. In either case, the stock and price values shown on the product detail screen are the more accurate.
If you are satisfied with the contents of your shopping cart, and would like to place the order, select "Proceed to Checkout". Before doing this, you can see an estimate of the shipping cost by filling in the "Estimate Shipping and Tax" form on the left side of the screen, below the shopping cart listing. You can also enter a discount code if you have one, and select "Apply Coupon". If the code is valid, then the grand total will be immediately adjusted.
The Checkout process includes five steps: Billing Information, Shipping Information, Shipping Method, Payment Information, and Order Review. You can always select the "Back" link, if you need to revisit a previous step. When you arrive at the Payment Information step, you will be asked to pay the order total by either credit card or Paypal (see Payment & Order Status below).
Completed orders will be confirmed by email, which will summarise the order details.
Payment & Order Status
- All payment amounts are in Australian dollars, and include 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST). Payment can be made via Master Card, Visa Card, or Paypal.
- Institutions with approved credit accounts can also choose the "Credit Account" option, which will allow Checkout without immediate payment. In this case, please enter an order number in the Comments box on the last page of the Checkout process.
To ensure maximum security and full PCI compliance, Master Card and Visa Card payments will be temporarily redirected (within a frame) to the eWay payment vendor's site. Credit card information is not received, handled, or retained in any way by the Brain Spice website. Likewise, Paypal payments are temporarily redirected to the Paypal Express website. This ensures that payment details are fully protected by the security measures that these payment vendors already have in place.
- Once placed, orders and their status can be viewed by navigating to your account, via the "My Account" link at the top or bottom of the screen. Once logged in to your account, you will see recent orders listed on the "Account Dashboard" page. You can view all of your orders and their status by selecting "My Orders" from the left-hand menu.
- Orders will initially be shown as "Processing", until payment has been received from the merchant service. This can unfortunately take up to 2 business days. Once payment has been received and processed, the order will be shipped within 1 business day. You will receive a receipted invoice and a shipment notification. The status of the order will then appear as "Shipped" on your account.
Loyalty Point System
Brain Spice has implemented a Loyalty Point system, whereby loyalty points are earned at a rate of 1 point for every $10 spent on products. Until spent, loyalty points will simply accumulate. Your current total loyalty points will be shown at the top of your invoice after each purchase.
Loyalty points can be redeemed on future transactions, for a discount of 0.50c per point (on product purchases only).
Customers can now redeem up to 30 Loyalty Points on a webstore purchase of $50 or more! To redeem loyalty points on the webstore, simply enter a Coupon Code of "LOYALTYxx", where "xx" is a number anywhere between "01" (to spend 1 Loyalty point) and "30" (to spend 30 Loyalty points). Loyalty points can also be redeemed in-store, or on purchases over the telephone.
Please note that your loyalty point total is not shown in your online profile - we must unfortunately wait for the addition of this feature! Your current loyalty point total will be shown on invoices and receipts, and can be checked at any time by emailing us at Sales Support.
Regardless of whether they are spent or saved, your total earned loyalty points will activate "base discounts" as certain targets are reached. Base discounts are permanent discounts that apply to your purchases in addition to discounts gained by spending loyalty points. Note that base discounts are applied concurrently with any other special discounts, which means that only the largest discount will be applied.
Loyalty Point Target
Base Discount %
Updating Account Information
- You can visit and update your account at any time, by selecting the
- link at the top or bottom of the screen. You will be asked to log in, if you haven't already.
There are several options to view in the menu on the left-hand side of the "My Dashboard" screen. If you wish to make changes to the information displayed on any screen, click the nearby "Edit" link. Remember to select the "Save" button afterwards, to ensure that changes are saved.