Spell, Record, Respond: Moving from assessment to instruction is a professional support resource to help educators assess students' spelling abilities, identify areas for improvement and select appropriate teaching strategies to develop students' spelling competencies.
- Provides a range of formal and informal information-gathering processes for spelling.
- Informs educators about students' spelling practices, attitudes, skills and understandings.
- Gives teachers the tools to analyse the spelling data collected and plan effective teaching responses.
- Checklists for deeper probing when results suggest that students have gaps in their knowledge and skills.
- Customisable activity worsheets.
- Strong curriculum links with a focus on phonetic, visual, morphological and etmological competencies.
- This professional support guide also contains a series of word and sentence dictations for pre-and-post-testing of the Oxford Wordlist words. They include audio and visual support and are suitable for the IWB.
- Includes all checklists, a guide for parents and a series of activity cards as customisable Word documents.