Written for the Stage 5 NSW Food Technology Syllabus, the second edition of Food Tech Focus has been updated with new activities, case studies and on-trend recipes. It has an increased focus on developing literacy and numeracy skills and includes even more content around nutrition and ensuring students make responsible food choices. It also looks at changes to the wider context of the education landscape and attitudes towards food and nutrition.
The slick and engaging new text design has been created to ensure the content is presented in a format that is visually appealing and engaging for students. All the graphs, tables and statistics have been thoroughly checked and updated, so teachers can be confident in the relevance and accuracy of the information being taught.
1. Just give me the facts – Food preparation and processing
2. Eat well, live well – Nutrition and consumption
3. Bush tucker to contemporary cuisine – Food in Australia
4. Fare’s fair – Food equity
5. New food! – Food product development
6. Is it good for me? – Food selection and health
7. What’s on the menu? – Food service and catering
8. Food for life – Food for special needs
9. Great expectations – Food for special occasions
10. What’s in? – Food trends