Drawing, painting and printmaking
Classroom Art is an innovative full colour book series which comprises art activities to inspire students to communicate throughvisual artsand to aid their development as young artists. The activities are divided into three main sections to develop skills in the areas ofDrawing, Paintingand Printmaking.
- Extensive teachers notes suggest activities to develop arts awareness, to encourage creativity, show examples of modelling, develop and encourage practise and appraiseart. Other notes offer suggestions for classroom organisation, safety precautions, parental involvement, assessment ideas, display ideas and ways to inspire young artists.
- uses readily available resources
- activities to provide stimulus for each lesson
- provides step-by-step instructions for each activity with corresponding colour photographs
- reflection questions accompany each activity to extendart possibilities
- variations for each activity are given
- cross-curricular activities to extend and further develop each activity
- a glossary of terms and websites are given for each skills area to provide background for the teacher
- outcome links