itc publications announce the release of its newest publication the beginning teachers’ companion.
Written specifically to assist those starting their teaching careers, the beginning teachers’ companion explores 7 key areas vital to a successful induction into the classroom and the profession.
- Answering he fundamental question – Why are your students going to be better off because you are their teacher?
- Good teacher or good teaching – understand the importance of teaching practice in making a real difference.
- Creating the quality learning environment – what should you be considering when you enter your first classroom?
- What’s your teaching and learning methodology? – understand the importance of developing your personal pedagogy. An introduction to a thinking skill framework
- Lesson structure (delivery and planning) – Explore a template based on an Explicit Instruction Model to assist in planning your lessons.
- Giving feedback and guidance – Reviewing your practice – how should it be done.
So whether you are about to embark on your teacher training or are a principal looking to assist your newest staff members the beginning teachers’ companion is there for you.
Written after extensive consultation with the teacher training sector, the beginning teachers’ companion offers a practical examination of the skills of teaching.
A must for any beginning teacher.