Literacy: Reading, Writing and Children’s Literature fifth edition is the most comprehensive text in English Education for pre-service teachers. It covers the whole literacy curriculum: reading, writing, speaking, listening and viewing and illustrates how pre-service teachers can use theory in their classrooms. This accessible text is rich with practical examples, classroom scenarios, and revision questions help readers to put theory into practice. Teaching examples highlight effective assessment practices and it demonstrates how to teach to a range of learning abilities from beginning through to accomplished.
Each print copy of Literacy: Reading, Writing and Children's Literature comes with a free obook - an integrated, online ebook with extra content and resources built in.
New to this edition
- Multiliteracies content integrated throughout entire text
- Coverage of visual literacy, social media and iPad usage
- More content covering Early Childhood
- Includes teaching examples to highlight effective assessment practices
- The inclusion of end of chapter feature “take a test” functions as a way that pre-service teachers can test their own literacy knowledge with answers provided at the back of the book.
- Links to the Australian curriculum and Early years learning framework
- Children’s literature section revised to be more student friendly with a focus on early years education