Brain Teasers is a series of three blackline master books – each containing a number of short, five-to ten-minute activities to stimulate thinking. Language-oriented activities are predominant, which encourages higher-level thinking skills. Other activities encourage creative thinking and problem solving.
Some activities include analysing meaning, analysing attributes of words, analysing relationships of words, synthesising rules and creating solutions. Others encourage flexibility, elaboration, originality, cooperative work and evaluating ideas.
- a variety of independent and cooperative student activities
- clear student instructions
- reinforcement of activities to develop thinking skills
- student self-evaluation on many pages
- challenge’ activities on most student pages (or groups of pages)
- examples to illustrate student activities
- graphic organisers including Venn diagrams
- ‘hints’ and ‘thoughts’ to direct student thinking
- opportunities to track progress by scoring success on pages
- answers, where applicable